Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011

Jade Models training day

Saturday I had the pleasure to work for Jade Models,... (www.jademodels.at)

From time to time they arrange a so called "Training Day" for models and photographers, from newcomers to professional ones.

We were 5 photographers and 8 models, I worked with 5 of those girls in various locations, like indoors at a leather couch or the studio and also outdoor in the garden and at a baulk at the lower part of the old danube where the house we where shooting was located.

And here you got the preview and some explanations of the lighting setups..


The fog in the background was really wonderful to work with, it was a giant softbox for the sunlight and created a totally diffused light.
To add some drama and shadows to the picture I used 2 strobes, the SB900 from a quarter angle camera left as a fill light and a SB600 as a strong hair light to mimic the sunlight from right behind the model.
The picture was taken at ISO200 and f/2.5 of my Nikon 50 f/1.4 lens and auto fp highspeed sync of 1/500s. 


The intention of these pictures was to show a little girl who's kinda lost outside in the cold,.. at the first of those pictures we were lucky and able to take the picture with Lara, the dog of the owner of the shooting location,.. she was really great :)
Here I used just the diffused ambient light and tried to balance the lighting to be able to get some sort of signing into the black of the jacked.



With Nicole the work was a little different,.. she's the sexy type of girl and we wanted to show that in some way,.. I guess it worked out pretty good :)
This picture was also taken with just ambient light and I tried to get some focus on her by desaturating the background a little bit,..
Here I was using ISO 200, 1/200s and f/2.8 at 50mm.



Now I changed the lighting setup a bit.
I basically underexposed the background by about 1 f-stop or so and filled her in with 2 strobes, one camera left around where her feet point at, and one, as you can see pretty easy, behind her.


With her I planned something different in terms of posing and facial expression,...
Btw... the hairlight was my SB600 lying behind the model,.. I was really impressed how good the Nikon Creative Lighting System works.. event when the sensor of the flash did not face the camera it worked really good with iTTL !!


Just some portraits, using f/2.5 at the left picture and f/1.8 for the right one.
Wanted a really small DoF to put the focus on her beautiful face !


Just some studio work,... tried some new methods in Photoshop,.. first I used lot's of Dodge & Burn to get some more contrast into the the areas of shadow and highlight, followed by some work on the skin my removing some scars and soften it a bit and after this I added some contrast by using highpass and layer style soft light.


Two blondes, two moods...


In my opinion the expression on Elli's face, especially when it comes to picture #2 is just awesome.
It really tells the story of a sad young girl who drank too much, but why.... think about it !!!
I used 2 strobes.. one camera left at iTTL -0.7 and one also camera left at 35mm (should have used 85mm) to light the glass and stain on the floor mimicking the sunlight coming from the left through the window.


Playing with some DoF .. f/1.4 at 50mm and full frame :D

Thanks to Dominik for giving me the opportunity to shoot.
Special thanks to Elli, Sasi, Steffi, Nici & Jessy for the great pictures ! :)

More TK... !!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Großartige Fotos, meine Hochachtung, vlg Dominik Wachta/Jademodels

    AntwortenLöschen